CRANKed

Saturday, January 27, 2007
Republican Values and Rudy Giuliani
 
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani spoke in New Hampshire and
told state GOP leaders that to take back the state, they must embrace Republican principles and not apologize for them.
Since ol' Rudy is or was for gun control, opposed the Republican position on banning gay marriage, is pro-choice, and opposes or opposed the ban on so called "partial birth abortions," it's not altogether clear that Giuliani understands what Republican principles are. In fact, on December 2, 1999 Rudy told CNN
“I’m pro-choice. I’m pro-gay rights,” Giuliani said. He was then asked whether he supports a ban on what critics call partial-birth abortions. “No, I have not supported that, and I don’t see my position on that changing."
So when Rudy Giuliani talks about embracing Republican principles, I'm at a bit of loss. What does ol' Rudy think Republican principles are? Maybe he means greed, corruption, race baiting, scapegoat politics, hypocrisy, and abuse of power?




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?